The Capital Networking Group
Capital Networking Group Listserv Guidelines:
1) THIS IS THE NUMBER ONE MOST IMPORTANT RULE FOR USING THIS LISTSERV:
Subject Line Guidelines:
ALWAYS include the City AND State in the subject line of all emails that relate to anything geographical.
ALWAYS make sure subject line is CLEAR and CONCISE. Give us as much information in the subject line as you can so that we can decide whether the email is relevant to us.
2) To REPLY ALL or NOT……the answer is ALWAYS NOT.
Please make sure that if you are replying to an email on the ListServ, you Reply ONLY to the person sending the email and NOT to the entire ListServ. This cuts down dramatically on the extraneous emails for all of us.
3) Do not include your comments as an attachment – include them directly in the body of the email. This will help you get more responses. Try not to make folks work too hard to get the information you are conveying.
4) Always sign your name (first and last). PLEASE. Let us know who you are. We like that and we cannot always tell by the email address what your name is.
5) When writing about a particular case, DO NOT INCLUDE ANY DETAILS THAT COULD POSSIBLY IDENTIFY THE PERSON.
6) Postings should NEVER include judgmental comments about any individual or facility. All such commentary should be done offline.
7) Advertising Policy:
a) Any member may post notices about services for clients or professionals, but should be done judiciously, as this is not an advertising forum.
b) Members looking for jobs, office space, etc. may post queries. Responses, however, should be made only to the sender and not to the entire listserv.
c) CE opportunities may be posted; please be careful not to post too often.
d) Blogs and articles of interest may be posted, but sparingly, and please put BLOG or ARTICLE in the subject line of the email.
My objective for this Listserv is to better serve our patients and clients, to help with resources for them and for us as professionals, to exchange information and to do it all with grace and care. We all receive so many emails and the best way to streamline how many you get from CNG is to follow these guidelines closely. I want it to be easy to discriminate about where to read the email or not from the subject line which is why I want them so concise.
Thank you so much for your participation in CNG. You help to make it the great resource that it is and continue to help it grow.
Susan Berlin, LICSW,CASAC Susan@SusanBerlin.com
Capital Networking Group Moderator
ListServ Email: CapitalNetworkingGroup@Groups.io
The Capital Networking Group is a collaboration of professionals working together to help those suffering with mental health, substance abuse and addiction issues.